This blog started as a photo-a-day blog in 2006, October 2009 it become an official WHAT-NOT blog and/or random thoughts from a Filmmaker blog.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Shower The People


When I say I am a documentary filmmaker I don’t think of a hard core serious fact finding journalist, I think of films that looks for reasons to celebrate people and explore their stories, their talents and their ideas. I want to look at passioante people and celebrate them and learn from them.
When I film you I hope that I am on your Christmas card list when the shoot is over and when you come to town we can break bread together (this usually means eat tacos together).
I can not imagine getting the trust of someone then making them look like fools and it is easy to do with editing. I want to get people's trust then celebrate the part of them that makes us want us to live a better life, I guess that is my style. People that make films about people to make them look like idiots, well different strokes for different folks, and yes we need filmmakers like that too, just not me.
Makes me think of the James Taylor song “Shower the People you love with love.”
Photo:Me and Joe Kelly from Chicago, I filmed his kid 3 or 4 years ago, the other day we had tacos at Tarahumara in Midway, and oh yeah I got to see his band play last week in Chicago, epic.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive