This blog started as a photo-a-day blog in 2006, October 2009 it become an official WHAT-NOT blog and/or random thoughts from a Filmmaker blog.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Behind-the-Scenes


I love doing behind-the-scenes stuff because I love watching people wrestle with a creative problem ...hum problem? that is not the right word- I had a hippy friend talk about having a relationship with a creative spirit, I like that better. Anyway, I have done behind-the-scenes stuff for a play, a traveling Shakespeare company, a few Jared Hess films and now I am doing a whole series about artists, dancers, musicians, filmmakers and other makers of art. Today I read a little write up on the Vimeo blog by Riley Hooper, she had a some good ideas and some good samples. I like the idea of WHY do art rather than HOW or HOW-TO. I remember Joe Bennion playing around with this idea when I made “The Potter’s Meal” with him years ago.
Photo: Mike White and Jared Hess waiting for the clouds to clear on the last scene of “Nacho Libre” in Oaxaca, Mexico.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive