This blog started as a photo-a-day blog in 2006, October 2009 it become an official WHAT-NOT blog and/or random thoughts from a Filmmaker blog.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
I love doing behind-the-scenes stuff because I love watching people wrestle with a creative problem ...hum problem? that is not the right word- I had a hippy friend talk about having a relationship with a creative spirit, I like that better. Anyway, I have done behind-the-scenes stuff for a play, a traveling Shakespeare company, a few Jared Hess films and now I am doing a whole series about artists, dancers, musicians, filmmakers and other makers of art. Today I read a little write up on the Vimeo blog by Riley Hooper, she had a some good ideas and some good samples. I like the idea of WHY do art rather than HOW or HOW-TO. I remember Joe Bennion playing around with this idea when I made “The Potter’s Meal” with him years ago.
Photo: Mike White and Jared Hess waiting for the clouds to clear on the last scene of “Nacho Libre” in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- ► 2015 (10)
- ► 2014 (23)
- ► 2013 (149)
- Noelle O. Designs
- UNZIPPED a film about Isaac Mizrahi
- The Circus Project (embedded) and Portlandia
- Shower The People
- The End
- Holi Festival of Colors 2012, Spanish Fork, Utah
- Lincoln Ueda, FirstHand Promo
- Hunger Games t-shirts
- The Commentator
- Camp Woodward Season 5
- EPIC!!! South Shore Drill Team, South Chicago
- South Shore Drill Team
- BAADS now online
- Off FACEBOOK for awhile
- BAADS tonight
- In Chicago
- Hello Chicago
- Napoleon Dynamite Principal... aka my cinematic da...
- 1970's Skateparks in So. Cal.
- THE COLOR RUN Las Vegas video
- Those Who Make
- Tarahumara, 380 East Main Street, Midway, Utah
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2011 (110)
- ► 2010 (49)
- ► 2007 (121)