This blog started as a photo-a-day blog in 2006, October 2009 it become an official WHAT-NOT blog and/or random thoughts from a Filmmaker blog.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Jay-Z at Carnegie Hall and Kory Katseanes


Jay-Z played at Carnegie Hall this last Monday with the Black Pearl Chamber Orchestra. That would of been a show to see. I live on a different planet than Jay-Z but I am a part-time fan and I respect the man. Here is a lovely clip from the conductor of the Black Pearl Chamber Orchestra. (above photo by Chad Batka for the New York Times)

Hanging out with Kory Katseanes of BYU's Chamber Orchestra in China gave be big respect for the art of conducting. I could watch Kory all day. There is something about a man in a tuxedo channeling his passion for music through (while jumping around like a crazy man-in a good way) a room full of unplugged musicians...pretty rad! Kory and the China trip is part of the series I am directing and shooting right now.

(disclaimer-blog is disjointed, but Jay-Z got me thinking of the Chamber Orchestra, that got me thinking of Kory, then China and it all reminded me that I have a deadline, gotta go! Peace)
(photo by trumpet man Spencer of Kory and me clowning in China-or maybe I just had it coming to me because I got my camera too close)

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive