This blog started as a photo-a-day blog in 2006, October 2009 it become an official WHAT-NOT blog and/or random thoughts from a Filmmaker blog.

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Ace Hotel, Portland, Oregon





Ace Hotel, Portland, OR
As a documentary filmmaker I spend a lot of days on the road. I have slept on floors, in tents, couches, motorhomes, hostels, and in a million hotels, some good and some bad. I do love the adventure of this kind of filmmaking, but I must admit the there is nothing like shutting the door on your own hotel room and getting some good quiet time. Recently while on a production in Portland Orgeon legendary producer Rich Patch treated me to a lovely surprise, the Ace Hotel.
This place was epic, it was super trendy and so hip it hurt, but I was all about it. I loved the art on the wall, the bed on the floor and a big window over looking downtown Portland only a block from Powell’s Bookstore- and did I mention the turntable?---that was a brilliant touch. I took off my shoes listened to records, read some really great art magazines left for me in the room, and relaxed. I could of stayed there a month. It really would of been a lovely work space, art studio or office.
If in Portland I highly recommend it and also check out their super hip blog -- art, music and all things hip haha!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive