This blog started as a photo-a-day blog in 2006, October 2009 it become an official WHAT-NOT blog and/or random thoughts from a Filmmaker blog.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Documentary Book



I am in development on another documentary series and have been in meetings. I just e-mailed the people on the project a few pages of one of my favorite documentary books, Writing, Directing, and Producing Documentary Films and Videos by Alan Rosenthal. The book is a good nuts and bolts look at documentary filmmaking and a good place to start thinking. When I am writing for a new project I love to reread the chapter on proposals, but in the end you just have to start making films, it is not rocket science, you just have to do, do, do, also I believe that there is not at right or wrong way to do it. One more thing I really love the idea of learning everyday- from your good choices and your mistakes. Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive