This blog started as a photo-a-day blog in 2006, October 2009 it become an official WHAT-NOT blog and/or random thoughts from a Filmmaker blog.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry





I got in a few films at Sundance this year, I love that we now live around the corner and it just takes a few hours out of my day to see a film. Even though it is close I still have a tradition and have to eat at El Chubasco when I see a film.
I wanted to see as many art films as possible because I am directing this art series right now, and I just love artist profiles anyway. My 1st art film played at Sundance in 1993 and Sundance is still the biggest buzz word on my resume.
I don’t want to say too much about young Alison Klayman’s film but I loved it. Art can be seen a such a trivial thing, but this film shows Ai Weiwei’s art as a little bit of everything---thoughtful, fun, hip, trivial, mischievous and of course political. On a trivial note I love Ai Weiwei’s work because I love bikes, pottery, filmmaking and things like that. This film had a lot to say about being human, being Chinese, living in China and the Chinese government. Because I spent 3 weeks in China this year on my art series I espcially enjoyed it. That is not saying much about the film, but I feel it worth seeing.
Check out the Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry website.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive