This blog started as a photo-a-day blog in 2006, October 2009 it become an official WHAT-NOT blog and/or random thoughts from a Filmmaker blog.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

the most loved men


I sometimes ask cyclists:
Who are the most loved men or people in cycling?
If you made a top 5 or 10 list I would bet that Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen are on that list or least they should be (in my opinion).
I got to, kind of, work with (or along side) them during the 2004 Tour de France .
Here is one of the pieces we did with them.
Anyway, this photo is from the OLN after the Tour party in Paris. Paul was getting down on the dance floor. When I got home I made this painting of him. Thinking about Paul’s dance moves makes me happy and want run up and down the Champs Ellysees skipping and jumping over bushes (this one thing you can do when you are happy). Anyway, I wanted to keep the painting generic and not say “Paul Sherwen dancing in Paris.” Noelle thinks that I should not write on my paintings, but for now I like it.
Phil and Paul I love you guys!
Amen.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive