This blog started as a photo-a-day blog in 2006, October 2009 it become an official WHAT-NOT blog and/or random thoughts from a Filmmaker blog.

Friday, October 26, 2012

A Life in the Arts

As a filmmaker to say, "I am an artist" sounds a bit pretenious so I am more comfortable saying that I make a living, or that I have- "a life in the arts." I love having an artistic point of view. So yesterday I was working on "The Talking Fly" film project and I was hanging out with artists, eating with artists, talking with artists and just goofing around with artists, it was great fun and reminded me of a few quotes from the great artist David Hockney from his book "that's way i see it" he said---"I have always believed that art should be a deep pleasure" and he also said on the same page "I think you can't have art without play" O.K. so I filmed a mini documentary about painter Lee Bennion and we had some fun. Have a fun weekend.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive